The mission of the Surgical Technology Program is to provide an educational experience through cognitive, psychomotor, and affective learning domains designed to produce surgical technologists competent at the entry-level position and successfully prepared to take the national certification exam. The program provides the qualified and motivated applicant with a learning opportunity in an environment that is supportive and responsive to their individual needs. Learning experiences are designed to help the student correlate theory with practice under the guidance of qualified faculty and/or preceptors.
|Time Commitment||Full Time|
|Typical Program Length||12 Months|
|Consumer Information||View Info|
Prospective students must meet all requirements below in order to enroll into the Surgical Technology course:
- You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to enroll.
- Complete the TCAT – Murfreesboro application for enrollment.
- Provide a regular high school diploma or GED transcript.
- Provide proof of required immunizations.
- Successfully complete the HESI Assessment. For more information on the HESI Assessment, please click here and scroll to the HESI Assessment for Allied Health section.
Students are subject to drug screening, criminal background checks, and more stringent vaccination requirements based upon clinical affiliation agreements.
1303 Old Fort Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Assist in operations, under the supervision of surgeons, registered nurses, or other surgical personnel. May help set up operating room, prepare and transport patients for surgery, adjust lights and equipment, pass instruments and other supplies to surgeons and surgeon's assistants, hold retractors, cut sutures, and help count sponges, needles, supplies, and instruments.
Bright Outlook: Yes
Currently employed in the area: 3,130
Current job openings per year: 140