The Tennessee Board of Regents
The Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology are governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) system. The TBR is the largest higher education system in Tennessee, governing 40 post-secondary educational institutions. The TBR system is comprised of thirteen community colleges and twenty-seven technology colleges.
Chancellor Flora Tydings
Tennessee Board of Regents
1 Bridgestone Park, Third Floor
Nashville, TN 37214
The activities of the Tennessee Board of Regents System are coordinated with the Tennessee Higher Education System in an effort to achieve unity in the programs of higher education in Tennessee.
Executive Director Mike Krause
Tennessee Higher Education Commission
404 James Robertson Parkway, Suite 1900
Nashville, TN 37243
Advisory committees provide information and recommendations to assist administrative and instructional staff members in the effective operation of the college; assessing the needs of the students and local industry; and keeping abreast of the latest equipment, methods, and technologies.
The ultimate goal of advisory committees is to make valuable recommendations for the development of new programs and to remain current in already established programs.
Program Accreditations and Certifications
Some TCAT programs are accredited by external organizations. In addition, students in certain programs may be required or have the opportunity to sit for certified examinations to demonstrate expertise. The following is a list of accreditations and certifications by program:
- Accreditation Review Council on Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARCSTSA)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) via National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
Machine Tool Technology
- National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS)
- NIMS certifications
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF).
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)