The mission of the Practical Nursing program is to provide the technical instruction and skill development for the student to become gainfully employed in the nursing field.
The curriculum includes classroom study and supervised clinical practice in various healthcare facilities which will integrate practical nursing theories and use of the nursing process in responding to the needs of patients experiencing various health problems. The clinical experience will teach the student to participate in the role of patient care provider and healthcare professional in the medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, geriatric, and mental health focuses.
The practical nursing student must complete the prescribed course of study and clinical experience and then pass the national licensure examination (NCLEX) to become a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Day: Monday - Friday, 7:45 AM to 2:30 PM
Night: Monday - Thursday, 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM - Ending April 2020
|Time Commitment||Full Time|
|Typical Program Length||12 Months|
|Class Type||Day, Night|
Prospective students must meet all requirements below in order to enroll into the Practical Nursing course:
- The following prerequisite class is required to be completed and the transcripts must be submitted with your application:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to enroll.
- Complete the TCAT – Murfreesboro application for enrollment.
- Provide a regular high school diploma or GED transcript.
- Provide three letters of reference. Two letters must be from professional sources and must be on professional letterheads. All three letters must be typed and signed.
- Provide proof of MMR and Varicella immunity.
Successfully complete the HESI Assessment. For more information on the HESI Assessment, please click here and scroll to the HESI Assessment for Allied Health section.
For additional consideration for admission to the Practical Nursing program, submit the following optional documentation:
- CNA certification verification
- Verification of minimum one year employment in a health care field
- Verification of 25 hours of community service in the previous year
Students are subject to drug screening, criminal background checks, and more stringent vaccination requirements based upon clinical affiliation agreements.
1303 Old Fort Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Care for ill, injured, or convalescing patients or persons with disabilities in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, private homes, group homes, and similar institutions. May work under the supervision of a registered nurse. Licensing required.
Bright Outlook: Yes
Currently employed in the area: 23,900
Current job openings per year: 2,250