The mission of the Practical Nursing program is to provide the technical instruction and skill development for the student to become gainfully employed in the nursing field.
The curriculum includes classroom study and supervised clinical practice in various healthcare facilities which will integrate practical nursing theories and use of the nursing process in responding to the needs of patients experiencing various health problems. The clinical experience will teach the student to participate in the role of patient care provider and healthcare professional in the medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, geriatric, and mental health focuses.
The practical nursing student must complete the prescribed course of study and clinical experience and then pass the state license examination to become a Licensed Practical Nurse.
|Schedule:||Day: Monday – Friday, 7:45 AM to 2:30 PM
Night: Monday – Thursday, 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM
|Time Commitment||Full Time|
|Typical Program Length||12 Months|
|Class Type||Day, Night|
|Consumer Information||View Info|
Prospective students must meet all requirements below in order to enroll into the Practical Nursing course:
- The following two prerequisite classes are required to be completed and the transcripts must be submitted with your application:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Math
- You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to enroll.
- Complete the TCAT – Murfreesboro application for enrollment.
- Provide a regular high school diploma or GED transcript.
- Provide three letters of reference. Two letters must be from professional sources and must be on professional letterheads. All three letters must be typed and signed.
- Provide proof of MMR and Varicella immunity.
Students are subject to drug screening, criminal background checks, and more stringent vaccination requirements based upon clinical affiliation agreements.
1303 Old Fort Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Care for ill, injured, or convalescing patients or persons with disabilities in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, private homes, group homes, and similar institutions. May work under the supervision of a registered nurse. Licensing required.
Bright Outlook: Yes
Currently employed in the area: 23,080
Current job openings per year: 1,210