The mission of the Dental Assisting Program is to guide selected individuals through an educational experience to become personally, professionally, and socially effective dental assistants. Program content includes OSHA standards, CDC guidelines, infection control procedures, anatomy and physiology, radiographs, teaching adults and children oral hygiene and nutrition information, and 12 weeks of external rotation in general dentist offices, clinics, and specialty practices.
Students are required to be registered with the State of Tennessee upon graduation as Registered Dental Assistants (RDA).
This board approved program includes comprehensive training in dental radiology as required by the State of Tennessee.
|Time Commitment||Full Time|
|Typical Program Length||12 Months|
|Consumer Information||View Info|
Prospective students must meet all requirements below in order to enroll into the Dental Assisting course:
- You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to enroll.
- Complete the TCAT – Murfreesboro application for enrollment.
- Provide a regular high school diploma or GED transcript.
- Provide proof of required immunizations.
- Successfully complete the HESI Assessment. For more information on the HESI Assessment, please click here and scroll to the HESI Assessment for Allied Health section.
Students are subject to drug screening based upon clinical affiliation agreements.
1303 Old Fort Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Assist dentist, set up equipment, prepare patient for treatment, and keep records.
Bright Outlook: Yes
Currently employed in the area: 5,800
Current job openings per year: 210