The mission of the Dental Assisting Program is to guide selected individuals through an educational experience to become personally, professionally, and socially effective Dental Assistants.
The Dental Assisting Program’s purpose is to provide learning experiences which enable graduates to obtain basic competencies needed for employment as a Dental Assistant in a dental office, State, Federal, private clinic, or public and private educational facilities.
A Dental Assistant is an individual who, under the supervision of a dentist, assists in dental procedures while a patient is being treated.
|Schedule:||Monday – Friday, 7:45 AM to 2:30 PM|
|Time Commitment||Full Time|
|Typical Program Length||12 Months|
|Consumer Information||View Info|
Prospective students must meet all requirements below in order to enroll into the Dental Assisting course:
- You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to enroll.
- Complete the TCAT – Murfreesboro application for enrollment.
- Provide a regular high school diploma or GED transcript.
- Provide proof of required immunizations.
- Successfully complete the HESI Assessment. For more information on the HESI Assessment, please click here and scroll to the HESI Assessment for Allied Health section.
Students are subject to drug screening based upon clinical affiliation agreements.
1303 Old Fort Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Assist dentist, set up equipment, prepare patient for treatment, and keep records.
Bright Outlook: Yes
Currently employed in the area: 5,800
Current job openings per year: 210