The mission of the Dental Assisting Program is to guide selected individuals through an educational experience to become personally, professionally, and socially effective Dental Assistants.
The Dental Assisting Program’s purpose is to provide learning experiences which enable graduates to obtain basic competencies needed for employment as a Dental Assistant in a dental office, State, Federal, private clinic, or public and private educational facilities.
A Dental Assistant is an individual who, under the supervision of a dentist, assists in dental procedures while a patient is being treated.
|Schedule:||Monday – Friday, 7:45 AM to 2:30 PM|
|Time Commitment||Full Time|
|Typical Program Length||12 Months|
Prospective students must meet all requirements below in order to enroll into the Dental Assisting course:
- You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to enroll.
- Complete the TCAT – Murfreesboro application for enrollment.
- Provide a regular high school diploma or GED transcript.
- Provide proof of required immunizations.
- Successfully complete the HESI Assessment. For more information on the HESI Assessment, please click here and scroll to the HESI Assessment for Allied Health section.
Students are subject to drug screening, criminal background checks, and more stringent vaccination requirements based upon clinical affiliation agreements.
1303 Old Fort Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Perform limited clinical duties under the direction of a dentist. Clinical duties may include equipment preparation and sterilization, preparing patients for treatment, assisting the dentist during treatment, and providing patients with instructions for oral healthcare procedures. May perform administrative duties such as scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding information for insurance purposes.
Bright Outlook: Yes
Currently employed in the area: 6,170
Current job openings per year: 910