The mission of the Central Sterile Processing Technology program is to provide an educational experience through cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) designed to produce central sterile processing technicians at the entry-level position and successfully prepared to take the national certification exam.
The course will train individuals to perform and participate in decontamination, cleaning, assembling, packaging, scanning, sterilization, storage and distribution of reusable surgical instrumentation and equipment.
The program provides the qualified and motivated applicant with experiences in a learner-centered environment that is supportive and responsive to their individual needs.
|Schedule:||Monday – Friday, 7:45 AM to 2:30 PM|
|Time Commitment||Full Time|
|Typical Program Length||8 Months|
Prospective students must meet all requirements below in order to enroll into the Central Sterile Processing course:
- You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to enroll.
- Complete the TCAT – Murfreesboro application for enrollment.
- Provide a regular high school diploma or GED transcript.
- Provide proof of required immunizations.
- Successfully complete the HESI Assessment. For more information on the HESI Assessment, please click here and scroll to the HESI Assessment for Allied Health section.
Students are subject to drug screening, criminal background checks, and more stringent vaccination requirements based upon clinical affiliation agreements.
1303 Old Fort Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Prepare, sterilize, install, or clean laboratory or healthcare equipment. May perform routine laboratory tasks and operate or inspect equipment.
Bright Outlook: Yes
Currently employed in the area: 970
Current job openings per year: 130