Job TitleMaintenance Utility / Custodial Worker
The position of Maintenance Utility/Custodial Worker reports to the Coordinator of Facilities to perform a variety of tasks including maintenance of all buildings, grounds upkeep, custodial work, and the locking and securing of facilities.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and application (click here to download the application) to:
Judy Henegar, Assistant Director
Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Murfreesboro
1303 Old Fort Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
615-898-8010 Ext. 116
The Maintenance Utility/Custodial Worker should possess at least a high school diploma or the equivalent.
The Maintenance Utility/Custodial Worker is responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Ensure the cleanliness and safety of facilities.
- Working with the Coordinator of Facilities, preventative maintenance of facilities, and repairing or replacing equipment, and logging daily activity.
- Maintenance and cleaning of hallways, office, kitchen, multipurpose/meeting rooms, and the lunch room by mopping, waxing, and buffing on a scheduled or as needed basis.
- Maintenance and cleaning of all restroom facilities daily to include keeping all units in proper working order, keeping paper towels, tissue, and soap stocked and available for use.
- Removing all trash from the buildings, office, lounge, lunch rooms, copy room, auditorium, and meeting rooms daily with all outside trash picked up and removed daily or as needed.
- Ability to identify and manage Hazardous and Universal Waste as per Environmental Health and Safety and Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Keeping all state vehicles serviced and cleaned.
- Working with the Coordinator of Facilities in grounds upkeep to include grass cutting, shrubbery trimming, and maintenance of equipment as needed.
The Maintenance Utility / Custodial Worked shall demonstrate the ability to actively and properly carry out the duties and responsibilities required in this position.