In this challenging role, you will be supporting the MTT - Machine Tool Technology - Instructor. This is a part time position for 30 hours a week.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and application (click here to download the application) to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Murfreesboro
1303 Old Fort Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
- Three (3) years of full-time work experience in the Machining
- The ability to effectively communicate and teach students the knowledge of the machine tool trade and tools.
- Ability to operate lathes, mills and surface grinders.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Drafting and CAD fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Programming & Operation of CNC Machining & Turning Centers.
- Knowledge of Programming & Operation of Wire EDM’s
- An Associate’s Degree or Technical Diploma in Machine Tool Technology
- 3D Modeling CAD Design.
- Gold, Silver, or Bronze Work Keys certificate.
- Assist instructor with lab courses and the use of all equipment in this profession.
- Operate lathes, mills, and surface grinders and apply all safety regulations.
- Operate Solid Works, AutoCAD, FUSION 360 and MasterCam.
- Assist with class preparations following syllabus guidelines.
- Assist with maintaining a safe work environment for students and enforce all safety rules.
- Check and report daily any equipment malfunctions.
- Provide instructor with details about students that need extra assistance.
- Assist with clean-up procedures following each lab.
- Assist with inventory management of perishables.
- Perform other tasks and duties independently as required by the Instructor.