The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Murfreesboro is accepting applications for a full-time Automotive Technology Instructor.
Submit a cover letter, resume, official transcripts, and application (click here to download the application) to:
Judy Henegar, Assistant Director
Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Murfreesboro
1303 Old Fort Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
615-898-8010 Ext. 116
- Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma or GED, (Associate Degree Preferred).
- Post-secondary training in Automotive Technology.
- Current ASE Master Technician Certification.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of current work experience in the field.
- Evidence of ability to instruct all phases of automotive technology; prior teaching experience a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills to inspect, troubleshoot, service, and repair domestic and import automotive systems utilizing safe and proper methods, techniques, practices, and equipment.
- Teach all phases of the program including all eight areas of ASE certification, auto transaxle, electrical systems, heating and air conditioning, engine performance, engine repair, brakes, suspension and steering, and manual drive train and axle.
- Participate in professional development activities as needed to remain current in the automotive repair industry and maintain an active advisory committee.
- Other duties include curriculum development, student recordkeeping, student recruitment, placement and follow-up of program graduates, and budgeting.