Job TitleFinancial Aid Coordinator
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) - VA Certifying Official - Recordkeeping Officer
The Financial Aid Coordinator is responsible for conducting and/or supervising the Financial Aid personnel to perform all financial aid services, activities and recordkeeping, VA benefits certification and recordkeeping, ADA activities and recordkeeping, as well as maintaining the recordkeeping policy and procedures for the institution.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and application (click here to download the application) to:
Judy Henegar, Assistant Director
Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Murfreesboro
1303 Old Fort Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
615-898-8010 Ext. 116
A successful candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred. The candidate should have demonstrated work experience in accounting or finance with an analytical acumen. The successful candidate will be able to use their analytical skills to problem solve and apply broad policies and procedures to unique situations in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local guidelines. The successful candidate should have excellent customer service skills, positive disposition, and ability to manage multiple deadlines and responsibilities simultaneously.
Responsible for Administering all phases of state, federally and institutionally funded student financial aid programs in a manner that insures compliance with federal, state, and institutional eligibility programs, including but not limited to:
- Federal Pell Grant
- James Berdet Scholarship
- Federal SEOG
- TOPS (Seasonal Farm Workers)
- Federal Work Study
- NAIA (Native American Indian Association)
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- WIOA (Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act)
- Tennessee Promise
- Veteran’s Affairs Educational Benefits
- TCAT Reconnect
- Other private and public programs
- Counsel students and applicants on financial aid programs and create award letters for eligible students each award year.
- Prepare detailed financial aid, student records, and school reports; maintain audit reports and responses, and insure that all records are accurate and maintained properly in an up to date office with current computer software and electronic communications. Reports include IPEDS, FISAP, PPA, NSLDS Enrollment, Gainful Employment, and others as needed.
- Prepare and transmit electronic data for federal student aid programs in a timely and efficient manner consistent with federal financial aid guidelines and policies.
- Attend workshops and meetings as required and belong to professional organizations such as NASFAA and TASFAA to keep up to date on financial aid and counseling techniques.
- Prepare and maintain an up to date student handbook, insuring that the information meets COE, TBR, Veteran’s, State and Federal requirements.
- Maintains instructional course outlines and cost sheets. Submit updates/changes to DOE, WIA, VA, etc.
- Maintain close cooperation with the Department of Employment Security, Vocational Rehabilitation, Veteran’s Administration, Workforce Network, TOPS, NAIA, and other agencies, organizations, and individuals assisting students with educational costs.
- Assist in orientation for new students; assist with pre-enrollment and follow-up sessions as needed.
- Prepare student budgets annually in a timely and efficient manner consistent with federal financial aid guidelines and policies.
- Establish committees and set member rotation for Financial Aid Review, Faculty Student Review and Scholarship committees.
- Serve as Secretary on Financial Aid Reviews, Faculty Student Reviews and Scholarship committees.
- Responsible for the filing of ADA applications and records of students who have requested disabilities, and follow-up to ensure adequate accommodations are provided once applications are complete.
- Assist with the VA benefits applications change of institution forms, advise veterans on using benefits along with other sources of financial aid, and certify/de-certify students within the VA certification program.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the TCAT Murfreesboro Recordkeeping policies and procedures.
- Perform related tasks and other duties as assigned by the Director and Assistant Director.