The Facilities Support Associate 3 reports to the Lead Facilities Support Associate 4. He/she is responsible for the following work: the maintenance of the campus buildings (including the Career Center), upkeep of the grounds; buildings, and security of both the Murfreesboro and Smyrna campuses.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and application (click here to download the application) to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Murfreesboro
1303 Old Fort Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
The Facilities Support Associate 3 should possess at least a high school diploma or equivalent. Have at least three years prior experience in custodial and/or maintenance work. Possess ability to learn new skills which complement and enhance his/her performance.
The Facilities Support Associate 3 is responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
· Empty trash from both Murfreesboro and Smyrna campus buildings including the Career
Center, empty trash cans outside the buildings, and remove trash from lawns and parking lots.
· Clean outside walkways and doormats. Remove snow and ice from walkways when necessary. · Clean restrooms and drinking fountains.
· Supply hand towels, toilet tissue, and hand soap to restroom and shop areas as needed.
· The Facilities Support Associate 3 will be responsible for the care and upkeep (sweeping,
mopping, buffing, vacuuming) of the floors in all areas of both campuses and the Career
· Perform building maintenance tasks such as painting, stripping/waxing floors, changing HVAC
· Clean Windows.
· Replace light bulbs when needed.
· Clean blinds monthly.
· Observe safety practices in handling, storing, and using all equipment/chemicals/materials.
· Assist with room preparation for scheduled events (moving furniture, etc.).
· Unload deliveries as needed.
· Maintain ample inventory of cleaning supplies.
· Perform minor repairs.
· Make a security check of all doors before leaving.
· Other duties as assigned by Lead Facilities Support Associate 4
Custodial techniques and appropriate equipment/supplies for each task.
Can effectively communicate with Lead Associate.
General computer skills.
Possess professional interpersonal skills.